Kevin Dillard is a co-founder and visionary for LifeCare Medical Transports. Under his leadership, the company has grown to be one of Virginia’s largest and most respected medical transportation providers. Dillard has more than 37 years of experience as an EMS caregiver. The experience he has with the hospital systems and in the EMS industry informs his expertise as a solutions provider who listens or sees a need and then quickly addresses it through thoughtful innovation. His innate skill for serving as a change agent has led to numerous EMS leadership achievements.
- Founder of the National EMS Memorial Service
- President of the Rappahannock EMS Council
- Serves on the Governor’s EMS Advisory Board
- Chair of the State Financial Assistance and Review Committee
- Chair of the International EMS Exchange Program
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
His innate skill for serving as a change agent has led to numerous EMS leadership achievements, a few of which are highlighted in the bulleted section that follows:
- Kevin Dillard has served on numerous state and local EMS steering and disaster planning committees. These committees have significant influence on the healthcare and EMS delivery systems in Virginia.
- Kevin Dillard has been honored as a life member of both the Fredericksburg Rescue Squad and the Chancellor Fire & Rescue Department.
- Kevin Dillard is an honorary member of the Aqua Harbor Rescue Squad.
- Virginia’s Governor appointed Dillard to the Governor’s EMS Advisory Board four times and for a total of 12 years because of Dillard’s progressive and innovative insights for improving Virginia’s EMS system.
- Kevin Dillard has served as president of the Rappahannock EMS Council for more than 15 years.
- In May 2012, Germanna Community College President, David Sam appointed Dillard to serve on the Emergency Management Services Advisory Committee.
- Kevin Dillard has served in almost every officer position, including president, for the Virginia Association of Volunteer Rescue Squads. (This association assists volunteer rescue squads throughout the State offering training, financial assistance, legal counsel services, and political lobbying resources for EMS related issues in the General Assembly.)
- Kevin Dillard received Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award in Virginia (1999).
On a national level, Kevin is a founder of the National EMS Memorial Service and served as chairman/president for 20 years. The National EMS Memorial Service honors EMS providers from all over America who died in the line of duty. The National EMS Memorial Service board decided to move the location of the annual service to a venue in Colorado Springs so that it would be more centrally located in the United States. The new permanent location for the event allows for greater participation by EMS care providers and attendance by family members of those fallen in the line of duty.
In addition to numerous EMS credentials and certifications, Dillard also hold a master’s degree in Business Administration from Averett College.